Natalie is a very aggressive basketball player and is often on the floor trying to save balls. That is where she always gets hurt. In the Green Valley game Tuesday their big girl landed on Natalie's shoulder and gave Natalie a sprained collar bone. She will be out for a few games trying to heal. I feel really bad for her because we're dealing with this vasculitis thing and just saw the allergist again who wants her to stay off ibuprofen and tylenol as much as possible (if she can stand it) because her vasculitis might be caused from taking ibuprofen or nsaids, so she hasn't taken anything for this injury. What a trooper! I'm not sure I could do that.
Another update on the vasculitis...all her lab tests came back and there are no signs of any other diseases or illness inside and the vasculitis is not attacking any vital organs. They tested for lupus, HIV, hepatitis and checked her kidneys and liver, among other things. The doctor said this is a total skin thing and nothing to be too concerned about. We are going to see the dermatologist again in two weeks and at that point they will start her on a two week dose of Predisone. The allergist was very hopeful that this won't come back again and that was some good news to me! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I hope Natalie feels better soon. I'm sure it's hard for her to sit out of any game.
Post a Comment