Monday, March 16, 2009

Natalie's Sweet 16 Party



I threw a party for Natalie's Sweet 16 Birthday. We used a candy theme because of "Sweet" 16. I decorated with bright candy colors and had a great time with it. We had a BBQ and lots of "sweets" for the guests. Danny was our cook! Keri made the gorgeous cakes! I was so pleased at how well they turned out! Our friends, Jeff & Cathy Flagg let us use their home for the party. It is a perfect place for a party! Natalie invited about 160 friends and we had close to 80 showed up. They played volleyball, basketball, did a little dancing, shot some pool downstairs and mostly hung out and chilled! I was relieved that no one ended up in the swimming pool! I had a lot of anxiety about how it would turn out (with that many kids who knows what's going to happen!) It turned out to be a perfect evening and definitely one Natalie will remember! I am so grateful to all my family and friends who helped me with the party. I told Natalie this was her first and last big party! I'm not sure my nerves could take it again :)

4 comments:

Tracie said...

Kristy,
OH MY! Your kids are so beautiful and old now! Time sure does fly. I love the blog and I am glad to know that the family "love of the game" was passed on.

Richelle said...

First & last big party until she gets married... Then you'll really be stressed out. Happy Birthday Natalie.

Anonymous said...

ha...I agree with Richelle. Wait til the wedding and then you'll really be stressing out. ha

Heidi said...

You are such a cool mom! Wow, that cake looks really good! Happy 16th B-day!