Wednesday, September 9, 2009
Labor Day Weekend Project
So...we've been helping my parents remodel their home. Last time we helped we got so much done, but it was hard to tell because there was still so much to do. Well, this trip was definitely more rewarding. Over the summer my sister Tawnya decorated the place, my brother Harland finished the flooring and they got a new roof put on. Labor Day weekend Allen built a pantry for them and put frames around the doors; I finished painting all the walls and a couple doors and did some detailing; Allen's brother Kyle converted their electricity from fuses to breakers (huge job!); and my brother Rob assisted them. There is still a lot to do on the outside and downstairs, but it was so rewarding to see how appreciative they were of our service. I love that feeling! My mother adores her home now and that is worth all the exhaustion and "labor" pains we all had! (I wish it looked like this when I was growing up) :)



















Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Wow! That looks fantastic! What an awesome job you all have done! Eh...what's with the bugle? Hehehe!
HaHa! Allen found that in my dad's shop and took time out to serenade us while we were working! :)
Wow! How exciting!!! The place looks so awesome. It is defiantly a lot different than when we were kids huh? Well, you all did a fantastic job and your service has paid off. I know mom and dad are both very grateful!!!!
Post a Comment