Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Day

Natalie singing American Idol on the Wii

Aaron and Natalie wanted an ipod really bad and we told them that they probably weren't getting one for Christmas. It totally took them by surprise because we hid them until the very end. They were thrilled!

Natalie excited over her ipod!

Our Wii Yeah!


The kids got new phones too :)


This has been a fun winter break. Eric & Heather's family came to town as well as Dave & Becca and we've had a great time with them. Allen had his work party Christmas Eve, which I thought was a little odd at first, but it turned out to be nice. They held it in the morning and served breakfast, which I really liked. They give away prizes and Allen won a GPS. He was pretty excited about that. Then, that evening Eric & Heather's family came over and we had a Honey Baked Ham dinner and watched "Joy to the World." Christmas morning the kids woke us up about 8:30 (I think that's the latest we've ever gotten up on Christmas morning) and we opened gifts. Before we open gifts we always write down our gifts we are going to give to the Savior that year (our goals). Allen & I finally broke down and bought a Wii. That's a major deal if you know us because we are very anti-game systems; but our kids are older now and they are going to want to hang out with friends more and I want them to hang out in our home, so we needed to give them something to do when they come here. Right?! We had so much fun playing on the Wii today. One of our favorite games is "American Idol" (or at least it's mine!)

No comments: